Road Shoes Sidi Wire 2 Carbon Matt 2020
- Sole: The VENT CARBON Sole features a light and replaceable heelpad in polyurethane to improve walkability and a replaceable integrated toe pad/vent cover. The key benefits of the VENT CARBON Sole are not only superior power transfer, because of its light weight and stiffness, but also warm weather comfort. The VENT CARBON Sole is designed with an integrated vent and air channels for heat dissipation and air flow. The vent can be opened or closed for 4-season comfort. The VENT CARBON Sole is handmade exclusively of carbon fiber in a weave pattern oriented at opposing angles that maximize stiffness while allowing for a small degree of controlled flex in the toe area. This carefully designed flex biomechanically relieves stress on the plantar tendon and helps promote circulation. The VENT CARBON Sole features a standard 3-hole drilling pattern, printed 10 mm lateral and fore/aft cleat alignment scale as well as the Look Memory Eyelet for easy cleat alignment and replacement. For triathlon, the vent also serves as a water drain, dramatically improving foot comfort after a wet transition
- SINGLE TECNO-3 PUSH SYSTEM, creates a perfect tension balance between the shoe’s internal and external side. The symmetrical mechanism guarantees an excellent closure adapting on every instep. An innovative button added to the monofilament buckle, if pushed, lifts the buckle to facilitate the adjustment.
- The SOFT INSTEP CLOSURE SYSTEM is a wide, anatomically curved strap combined with a soft, thermo-formed EVA pad that distributes pressure evenly over the instep area. The SOFT INSTEP CLOSURE SYSTEM is adjustable from both sides, to perfectly center the EVA pad over a high or low instep. The system eliminates the need for the High Instep Extender. The SOFT INSTEP CLOSURE SYSTEM is replaceable.
- SIDI’s TECHNO-3 PUSH dials in fit along the entire length of the shoe, adapting the upper to the shape of the foot for a customized fit. SIDI’s famously reliable and replaceable closures are improved by an all new proprietary SIDI Wire material that is completely non-binding for intuitive and effortless on-the-fly adjustments. Like most SIDI small parts, the TECHNO-3 PUSH buckle is serviceable and replaceable. It can be adjusted while riding, thanks to an innovative button which can be pushed to lift the buckle and facilitate the adjustment
- The ADJUSTABLE HEEL RETENTION DEVICE reinforces the top of the heel cup and improves the fit by closing the back of the shoe securely around the rider’s heel. The heel retention device tightens the top of the heel cup so that the heel doesn’t slide out during steep climbs or sprints. Each side of the heel can be adjusted independently, for a perfect fit. For a custom adjustment turn the screw towards the + sign to tighten the heel retention device and towards the – sign to open it. Light weight, easy to use, and replaceable. For additional security while pedaling, the new Adjustable Heel Retention D evice is provided with reflex inserts for more visibility in dark conditions.
- Reinforced cup that stabilizes and supports the heel. Anatomically shaped plastic, reduces heel slip and provides increased power transfer. Provides additional foot protection in the event of a crash. For walkability, Sidi cycling shoes include a replaceable polyurethane heel pad.